Who We are:
We are a small NEASC accredited school open to Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth grade students. We guide students to become saints, bringing the love of God into the world by living the Gospel with spiritual and academic zeal.
St. Paul’s Catholic School instills Christian values in its students and a desire to make a positive difference in the world. We are committed to developing in each student: an eternal relationship with Jesus Christ: a sense of self worth: a spirit of discovery and inquiry, and an enthusiasm for lifelong learning.
Our school was first established in 1896 at a private home on May Pond Road in Barton. Later that year the Conversion of St. Paul Parish purchased an old store building in order to move the school closer to the Church.
After some time Fr. Eugene LeBlanc was able to hire a community of religious sisters from Nicolet, Quebec to come and teach the growing student population. In 1907 Sr. St. Benjamin, Sr. St Edouard, Sr. St Julian, and Sr. St Elzear arrived from the Sisters of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary community to take over the management of the school. Student population averaged at about 100 until 1917 when a local factory fire left workers with no choice but to move elsewhere in search of employment. As a result student enrollment decreased to 55 students.
In 1950 the Parish began construction on a new school and convent to better serve its religious and student population. By 1960 enrollment had again rose reaching a record 194 students.
In 1991 after 84 years of faithful service to the school, the Sisters of the Assumption withdrew from the school in order to better serve their community.
By 1995 enrollment had again fallen below 100, and with no sign of recovery in 1997 the diocese of Burlington announced that it would be closed at the end of the school year. However, with the increased support from the Parish and a dedicated community our doors were able to remain open
The support of pastors, parishioners and community members continues to carry the school forward in its service to the Church in Vermont. In 2004 the school became part of the merged Most Holy Trinity Parish, encompassing the churches of Barton, Orleans, and Irasburg, with their surrounding populations.